This list is in alphabetical order.
Dopesick: Dealers, Doctors, and the Drug Company that Addicted America by Beth Macy
Although I know of the problems of opioid addiction, this was an interesting read. The drug companies have really caused the latest heroin epidemic. I realize I knew this before, but the stories explained it vividly.
My Own Devices: Essays from the Road on Music, Science, and Senseless Love by Dessa
I read this because Dessa was coming for Talking Volumes and loved it. In fact, it's a book I might read again. Plus after listening to her speak about the book and reading about her music, I've become a fan of her music.
Tell Me How it Ends: An Essay in Forty Questions by Valerie Luiselli
Luisellli literally uses forty questions to undocumented children as they are about to be deported. It was a great reminder that life in the United States is difficult as is life in their homeland.
We Should All be Feminist by Chimananda Ngozi Aldichie
This was a refreshing look at feminism. It explains the reality of women being marginalized. Loved it. Short, important read...
What Happened by Hillary Rodham Clinton
Hillary Clinton is brilliant. It was interesting to look back on this time. Of course, I learned more about Hillary and the process, but there were also parts that I remembered and absolutely sickened me.
When They Call You a Terrorist: A Black Lives Memoir by Patrise Khan-Cullors
This is actually a complicated book that not only talks about how Black Lives Matter was formed, but more importantly focuses on the difficulties of being black in America. More importantly, it focuses on what it's like to be a black woman in America.
Dopesick: Dealers, Doctors, and the Drug Company that Addicted America by Beth Macy
Although I know of the problems of opioid addiction, this was an interesting read. The drug companies have really caused the latest heroin epidemic. I realize I knew this before, but the stories explained it vividly.
My Own Devices: Essays from the Road on Music, Science, and Senseless Love by Dessa
I read this because Dessa was coming for Talking Volumes and loved it. In fact, it's a book I might read again. Plus after listening to her speak about the book and reading about her music, I've become a fan of her music.
Tell Me How it Ends: An Essay in Forty Questions by Valerie Luiselli
Luisellli literally uses forty questions to undocumented children as they are about to be deported. It was a great reminder that life in the United States is difficult as is life in their homeland.
We Should All be Feminist by Chimananda Ngozi Aldichie
This was a refreshing look at feminism. It explains the reality of women being marginalized. Loved it. Short, important read...
What Happened by Hillary Rodham Clinton
Hillary Clinton is brilliant. It was interesting to look back on this time. Of course, I learned more about Hillary and the process, but there were also parts that I remembered and absolutely sickened me.
When They Call You a Terrorist: A Black Lives Memoir by Patrise Khan-Cullors
This is actually a complicated book that not only talks about how Black Lives Matter was formed, but more importantly focuses on the difficulties of being black in America. More importantly, it focuses on what it's like to be a black woman in America.

Comments