The list is in alphabetical order.
American Street by Ibi Zoboi
Although this book is fiction, I feel it does a great job what it must be like to be a Hatian immigrant in the United States.
A Gentleman in Moscow by Trivion Books
Although I found it weird that someone could be put on house arrest in a hotel, I loved all the characters in this charming story, It was a delight to read.
The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah
Packed with emotional and physical abuse, this novel shows a family in pain. I felt I could understand the characters (most) and their actions. It was a great story.
Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng
Perhaps it was the plot twists and bizarre events that made me like this book.
The Rent Collector by Cameron Wright
I think I liked this book because of the importance of literature and reading to the characters. Wright's novel also showed impoverished life in Cambodia.
Sing, Unburied, Sing by Jesmyn Ward
The family dynamics were complicated in this book that navigated through racism, family, and life in the south.
The Song Poet: A Memoir of my Father by Kap Kalia Yang
The poems in the book show an amazing story. It's absolutely beautiful.
There, There by Tommy Orange
This is a novel that brings a series of stories together of "urban Indians." It's somewhat complicated, but it comes together in the end.

Comments
Husbandman read Sing, Unburied, Sing.
20 Something read There There.
So. That feels significant.