First, it seems I've neglected this blog. I'm not sure what it will look like in 2019, but here's a post for 2018.

January
A friend and I participated in the No Human is Illegal. This was a year of marching and trying to find positives in our current political situation.

February
It seems February was uneventful. Wing Young Huie came back to my classroom for another visit. The students and I always enjoy his visits.

March
The P!nk concert was amazing. I love P!nk!

April
As usual, I did #30daysofbiking in April. This year's April was tougher than usual due to the massive amounts of snow. April also brought the BRR ride in Georgia and Alabama and the devastation of the recent tornado.

May
After taking the previous year off, I returned to the golf course in May. I actually did better than expected, but it's not like getting back on a bike.



June
June brought more biking. The Bacoon ride in Iowa with fellow wimps, and the University of Okoboji Campus ride. Plus more marches... and Pride...




July
July brought a week of riding and enjoying these folks in Iowa. RAGBRAI went across the middle of the state this year.



August
Before going back to school (at the fire house), August brought two night rides Powderhorn 24 and a ride throughout Minneapolis/St. Pau to visit the historical sites focusing on African American housing in the cities.


September
My biking ended in September as the weather grew colder. The year before I was able to bike all the way into November. More importantly, September brought Hamilton tickets. The show was everything folks said and more.


October
My yearly trip to Dallas to help my college roommate with the visually impaired Sports Xtravaganza also brought a costume party. I also made a trip to hang out with my friend and her twins which brought a trip to the pumpkin patch.

November
NCTE was held in Houston this year, so November brought me back to Texas.

December
A friend encouraged me to participate in the 10,000 Swing Challenge. I feel good that I was able to complete it and even do more than anticipated.
Thanks to all for a wonderful 2018.
January
A friend and I participated in the No Human is Illegal. This was a year of marching and trying to find positives in our current political situation.
February
It seems February was uneventful. Wing Young Huie came back to my classroom for another visit. The students and I always enjoy his visits.
March
The P!nk concert was amazing. I love P!nk!

April
As usual, I did #30daysofbiking in April. This year's April was tougher than usual due to the massive amounts of snow. April also brought the BRR ride in Georgia and Alabama and the devastation of the recent tornado.
May
After taking the previous year off, I returned to the golf course in May. I actually did better than expected, but it's not like getting back on a bike.
June
June brought more biking. The Bacoon ride in Iowa with fellow wimps, and the University of Okoboji Campus ride. Plus more marches... and Pride...


July
July brought a week of riding and enjoying these folks in Iowa. RAGBRAI went across the middle of the state this year.

August
Before going back to school (at the fire house), August brought two night rides Powderhorn 24 and a ride throughout Minneapolis/St. Pau to visit the historical sites focusing on African American housing in the cities.
September
My biking ended in September as the weather grew colder. The year before I was able to bike all the way into November. More importantly, September brought Hamilton tickets. The show was everything folks said and more.
October
My yearly trip to Dallas to help my college roommate with the visually impaired Sports Xtravaganza also brought a costume party. I also made a trip to hang out with my friend and her twins which brought a trip to the pumpkin patch.
November
NCTE was held in Houston this year, so November brought me back to Texas.

December
A friend encouraged me to participate in the 10,000 Swing Challenge. I feel good that I was able to complete it and even do more than anticipated.
Thanks to all for a wonderful 2018.
Comments
We need to up our blogging game in 2019 though, don't you think????