Yesterday I made another quick trip to Iowa. This time I went back to Okoboji where I grew up. I met with folks and visited all my favorite spots. Plus, I took a trip out to see my dad's land. Okoboji is beautiful in the fall. My main reason for the trip was my "check engine" light, and yes, I still take my car back to Iowa for service when I can. My loaner was a big white Chevy pickup with 46 miles. It was so big that I could barely see over the hood. As I drove it to out into the country I felt like one of the farmer's engaging in harvest.
As I was taking pictures of a small pond, my phone rang. "What's going on with Iowa State?" the voice asked. I tried to explain that OU was rated #3, and the starting quarterback wasn't playing. "No, they're tied," the voice excitedly stated. I continued to ask the same question over and over as I almost went off the road trying to find the game on the radio. Finally, I found the game and was able to listen to the epic win. As the post-game rang through the cab of the truck, I received another call saying my vehicle was done. I told the mechanic that I would return the truck as soon as I was done driving it around listening to post-game!

Comments