The Fourth of July plan was to ride Tour D'Amico as I did last year, but alas, I still have a few more days before I can ride my bike (I'm healing!). Instead I volunteered to help with the ride. My job started at 7am with ride registration/check in. I talked to wonderful people and instigated conversations with several based on their jerseys. I did get a peak at this year's RAGBRAI jersey on one of the riders, and it's styling. Not that it was a contest, but I checked in more people than the others at the table.
On the reading front, I'm doing fairly well. My goal is to read three young adult books for each adult book I read. Yesterday I read one of the novels that will be featured during the upcoming Talking Volumes series. It was a memoir about her husband's death. On Goodreads I gave it a 3 out of 5, but it's more like a 3.5 to 3.75. The Light of the World is really a beautifully written book. I also read a good young adult book, The Boy in the Black Suit. Although it's a bit predictable and weird that the main character is working in a funeral home after his mom passes, it's engaging, and one of the better YA books I've read this summer.

Comments
Way to leave those others in the dust! REPRESENT!
Also, thanks for the book titles.