Today is a wonderful day! It's the first day of April which means #30daysofbiking and April Fool's Day. My first ride in April was windy to quite windy (19 mph with gusts of 27 mph) and cold 39º (feels like 29º). To be honest, it was better than I had imagined even though I could certainly feel the gusts. As I fought the wind on the way out, I enjoyed it's help on the return. Plus, I saw a cardinal and blooms as I rode.
As I stood in the hallway this morning, a student came up to me and said, "You are my favorite teacher." Of course, it was followed by April Fools. The school news that's not April Fools is our district HR person sent an email to all district parents saying the teachers were following work to rule. First, this is not true. I wonder, however, what parents thought when the letter said, "...perform only contracted duties and only during the hours required by the contract." How is it bad that teacher's are going to follow the contract especially considering they haven't had a contract for nine months.
Finally, I rarely pull April Fools Day pranks, but today I decided I needed to do something. On the way home from work, I called my father and his girlfriend and explained that I would have a transfer to a different school next year. One of them asked if it was my decision. I said it was a decision made for me and would come with a disciplinary letter in my file. Then, I continued to explain that while talking to a colleague, I had mentioned that my principal was a dumb ass without realizing he was behind me. It was grand. They both believed me! Actually, although it was great fun, perhaps I should be concerned they think I'm dumb enough to call my principal a dumb ass without knowing my surroundings. Did you prank anyone? How did it go?
Comments