In the dark times
Will there also be singing?
Yes, there will also be singing
About the dark times.
~Bertolt Brecht
Witness. It seems finding a poem about witness is challenging. I'm not going to blog about the word this morning since I've already spent too long trying to find a poem. Let me be the witness to the difficulty of finding a poem with the word witness. It doesn't mean I didn't find good stuff. First, I found a poetry lesson plan in which students write their own witness poems after looking at examples (all too long to add to my blog). Then, Bertolt Brecht's quote kept appearing as I googled witness poems. I couldn't find the poem "Singing about the Dark Times" although I did find the quote (above). Trying to find this poem, did lead me to some of his poetry which is interesting.
Oh, a little about witness. As a human, I hope I am witness to amazing things that happen in the world and appear as small, everyday things. I also hope that when I witness events that are harmful to the world or other humans that I speak out against the negativity. Today I hope I am a witness at tonight's caucus.
Will there also be singing?
Yes, there will also be singing
About the dark times.
~Bertolt Brecht
Witness. It seems finding a poem about witness is challenging. I'm not going to blog about the word this morning since I've already spent too long trying to find a poem. Let me be the witness to the difficulty of finding a poem with the word witness. It doesn't mean I didn't find good stuff. First, I found a poetry lesson plan in which students write their own witness poems after looking at examples (all too long to add to my blog). Then, Bertolt Brecht's quote kept appearing as I googled witness poems. I couldn't find the poem "Singing about the Dark Times" although I did find the quote (above). Trying to find this poem, did lead me to some of his poetry which is interesting.
Oh, a little about witness. As a human, I hope I am witness to amazing things that happen in the world and appear as small, everyday things. I also hope that when I witness events that are harmful to the world or other humans that I speak out against the negativity. Today I hope I am a witness at tonight's caucus.

Comments