The Swan by Mary Oliver
Did you too see it, drifting, all night, on the black river?
Did you see it in the morning, rising into the silvery air--
An armful of white blossoms,
A perfect commotion of silk and linen as it leaned
into the bondage of its wings; a snowbank, a bank of lilies,
Biting the air with its black beak?
Did you hear it, fluting and whistling
A shrill dark music-- like the rain pelting the trees-- like a waterfall
Knifing down the black ledges?
And did you see it, finally just under the clouds--
A white cross streaming across the sky, it's feet
Like black leaves, its wings Like the stretching light of the river?
And did you feel it, in your heart, how it pertained to everything?
And have you too finally figured out what beauty is for?
And have you changed your life?
See. It's interesting that the word vision was used prior to the word see. Once a week, I show a picture and the kids write about it using Perceive. I've blogged about this many times before because it's a great way to "see" something through different eyes. Often when we look at a the picture, students see things that I didn't see. Not only do they talk about what they see, they talk about connections. I love the connections. When I chose today's picture, I connected it with the song "I Can See for Miles" by The Who. As I continued looking at the picture to see if it was representative of the word see, it reminded me of yesterday's picture and biking since I often ride by the train tracks. It seems I see that spring, the time of lilies and white blossoms and rain pelting the trees, is actually on the way.
I give thanks for...
1) It's Friday!
2) Using last night's class to work on other things beside class
3) My credit score "rates higher than 99 percent of U. S. consumers."

Comments
I want to know more about this perceive program.
Do you have to go to a workshop or the materials available for anyone?
Please advise.