![]() |
| http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordon_Parks |
I had big plans for this morning. 1) Go to Caribou for a dirty chai. 2) Check news and blogs on Feedly. 3) Quickly play Scrabble and Trivia Crack. 4) Put Christmas decoration away and tidy up.
5) Grade the remaining two (at least one) classes of fables as I watch the Gophers (no bowl game for Iowa State... waiting for the Final Four). Step one went awesome. Instead of moving to step two, I skipped it and completed step three. Then I moved back to step two and my plans started to unravel.
I read LH's blog about Gordon Parks. Since Gordon Parks spent time in St. Paul, I thought I should introduce the 7th graders to Gordon Parks. Instead of putting this in my brain to do later, I started putting together the journal entries for a week about Gordon Parks.
Monday- Instead of doing a poem, I'm doing a page from A Choice of Weapons.
Tuesday- Quote "I suffered evils, but without allowing them to rob me of the freedom to expand." Gordon Parks
Wednesday- listening This is a great story about a boy he found in Brazil.
Thursday- Perceive (photo). I'm not sure which photo I'm going to use, but I'll probably use "American Gothic."
Friday- On Friday they'll write a paragraph about the week of Gordon Parks.
Perhaps I'll still get Christmas removed before the game, but I'm going to need to put the computer away.

Comments
Top priority stuff. Thanks for sharing this!!!!