Early last week, the tech guy at the district suggested we change our school Gmail picture to see if anyone would notice. Since my picture was merely a photograph of a turtle I took on the bike trail, I decided to follow the suggestion. Last week's journal theme was polar bears, so I changed my picture to a polar bear. At the beginning of this week, I changed it to a moon (above picture). When I'm using pictures, I'm using the advanced search to ensure that they "labeled for reuse." Today an astute student commented, "You changed your picture to match the journals." Yes, indeed I did which causes a bit of a problem for next week. Next week our journal theme is Martin Luther King Jr. I think it would be disrespectful to use his likeness, but the only other image I can think of using is a peace sign. At least I have a week to think about it and solicit ideas from others.
Early last week, the tech guy at the district suggested we change our school Gmail picture to see if anyone would notice. Since my picture was merely a photograph of a turtle I took on the bike trail, I decided to follow the suggestion. Last week's journal theme was polar bears, so I changed my picture to a polar bear. At the beginning of this week, I changed it to a moon (above picture). When I'm using pictures, I'm using the advanced search to ensure that they "labeled for reuse." Today an astute student commented, "You changed your picture to match the journals." Yes, indeed I did which causes a bit of a problem for next week. Next week our journal theme is Martin Luther King Jr. I think it would be disrespectful to use his likeness, but the only other image I can think of using is a peace sign. At least I have a week to think about it and solicit ideas from others.

Comments
MLK Jr Center in Atlanta might be a cool picture.
I'm going to be teaching about Dr. King too.
I also need to see the Selma movie.
http://www.selmamovie.com/studenttickets
I want to see the movie too, but it's really, really, really long.