![]() |
I'm moving into research next. While my regular students will be doing children's rights, I want to push my honors students. In my head, I'm still thinking about the State of the Union and rebuttal (or lack of). While I was taking a shower, I had an idea, but I need lots of HELP and IDEAS. My plan is for students to choose a current event that has two sides (Democratic and Republican). For their research they will need to look at both sides (say MSNBC type news sources and Fox type news sources). My problem is I really would like a list of TWENTY such topics that have two distinct sides. Some ideas have already came and gone, but this is my list: Charlie Hebdo (two sides?), Israel-Palestine, Cuba, immigration, Keystone, Fracking, corporate personhood, free two year college, Sony spy (who's responsible) or even pull vs. not pull movie, Ferguson, "I can't breathe,....
I'm trying to stay away from topics like abortion because I want current news type articles and not something they could find on a data base website.
Alas, I end there and need as many ideas. Alas, I'm late to school because I wanted to post and start soliciting ideas to research the feasibility of this idea. Any, all, ideas would be helpful. I'm super excited to get feedback from my well-informed readers.

Comments
Sounds like a very cool project.