![]() |
| I like this cover better than newer cover. |
Turn Here Sweet Corn is a book I downloaded in 2012. Recently an afternoon news show talked about the book. As I watched, I thought maybe it wasn't the book I had thought. The anchor talked about it as a romance; I thought it was about organic farming. Today I sat down and read it. It's a book about organic farming, family, advocacy, local co-ops... EVERYTHING. I rarely give a book a five out of five (and maybe I was a bit generous), but I gave this book a five out of five. It certainly was a page turner. Once I started reading the book, I didn't stop until I finished.
I am saddened that I didn't read it before today. Our church is having a local author series. {Tomorrow the author of Hannah Delivered is speaking. Belly dancers and local musicians will also be present.} I'm certain to quite certain that Atina Diffley is a local author. As our church focuses on The Earth Delights this summer, we should have invited Diffley to speak as people started planting their gardens and visiting farmers' markets. Although I have some questions after reading this book, I realize I should have read this book two years ago!

Comments
I'm reading Goldfinch. Super slowly. I hope I can finish it for my book club meeting next month.