.jpg) |
Deciding if I should start using the official RAGBRAI route or another local route. |
Many RAGBRAI cyclist will say it started with a couple days at first, then they "were bit by the bug" and have been riding for many years. I can completely understand. Today's ride was equally amazing and fun as yesterday's ride although today I didn't have my friend Al to help me out. Al's team decided to do a morning breakfast meet-up. Since I was worried about the heat, humidity, and wind, I made the decision to leave on my own. After all, with 21,000 riders, I wasn't really going it alone, and it was a short 40 mile day.
 |
| Ditch in front of the Iowa Craft Beer tent. |
My highlights of the day included: flushable toilets in Terril, the Iowa Craft beer tent at some farm along the road, and the entire town of Graettinger. Emmetsburg, on the other hand, not so amazing. Riding alone I was able to converse with many riders along the road and at stops.
 |
Graettinger, Iowa population 844 Kudos Graettinger! |
Everyone was kind, fun, and energetic. It's a great ride and a great group of people. Anyone want to do it next year with me?
 |
| Today pie equals the end of the ride. |
Oh, pie is a RAGBRAI tradition as are pork chops. Although I didn't partake in the pork chops I did have some homemade pie.
Comments
I may have to drive to IOWA to get some of that.