In a little over nine days, I'll be riding in Iowa (again). I'm feeling like a bit of a wimp since I'm only riding two days. Unfortunately, I'm not willing to camp which would be a necessity to do any more days. Today I waited until it was warmer to do my ride, so I could ride in some heat. This summer has not allowed a lot of hot riding days. Even today was fairly cool. I'm hoping this is also true for the weather nine days from now. The first day (67.9 miles) is on Sunday, July 20th. My longest training ride so far has been 61 miles. It looks like I'll need to take care of that on Saturday! Anyway, I'm getting nervous and excited about the upcoming ride.
In a little over nine days, I'll be riding in Iowa (again). I'm feeling like a bit of a wimp since I'm only riding two days. Unfortunately, I'm not willing to camp which would be a necessity to do any more days. Today I waited until it was warmer to do my ride, so I could ride in some heat. This summer has not allowed a lot of hot riding days. Even today was fairly cool. I'm hoping this is also true for the weather nine days from now. The first day (67.9 miles) is on Sunday, July 20th. My longest training ride so far has been 61 miles. It looks like I'll need to take care of that on Saturday! Anyway, I'm getting nervous and excited about the upcoming ride.

Comments