 |
| Eighth Annual Lake Affect Millers Bay (Okoboji) |
Lake Affect, it happens every 4th weekend. Basically,
Damon Dotson, a local artist, plays from a barge for hundreds of boats while people swim up to the barge to listen, sing, and enjoy adult beverages. Unfortunately, I've never attended until today. The weather was wonderful even after last nights storms. It was fun to swim to the barge and partake in the festivities.
 |
| Damon and crew on the Barge |
Last night I planned on heading to the fireworks and meeting up with a friend whom I had spent time with earlier in the afternoon. I was going to wait until the last minute to head down, but then the weather started looking iffy. Since I can see the fireworks from my dad's house, I stayed home watching the fireworks and the lightening (from sky to ground) strikes. Although the fireworks were started early to avoid the rain, the rain poured during the display. My friend sent an email congratulating me on my choice. Life is good in Okoboji. Maybe I'll never go back to Minneapolis.
 |
| Early in the afternoon, most boats are starting to pull in. |
Actually, my entire 4th weekend has been perfect. I've spent time with friends, rode my bike, and visited the Sugar Shack (candy store... Sixlets, Sugar Babies, dark chocolate mint meltaways, dark chocolate covered sea salt caramels, etc.) at least three times. Unfortunately, I have not been able to make it to the Taco House, so I will need to do that tomorrow after my ride and perhaps head back to the cities.
 |
| Beautiful Okoboji |
Comments