![]() |
| Notice one can't see the bottom of the hill. |
Power = Rate of Work Done
Today I tackled a set of hills that will finish the first day of RAGBRAI. Last night I drove the hills to see if they were as steep as I remembered them from my childhood, and it totally freaked me out! This morning I took of to do some smaller hills and put in some initial miles before I went to the hills that seemed like mountains in my car. Of course, I freaked out more than I needed to. The hills are definitely ridable even though I was sucking air. I'll ride them a couple more times before I leave. As I rode today, it was interesting because other hills seemed to be equal in intensity. Perhaps it's a good thing I'm getting some practice on these Iowa hills. It will make me feel powerful.
![]() |
| Seems a bit similar... |
.jpg)

Comments
You're riding in very beautiful countryside.