| Nalo (Lovable) |
As I sit down to post this evening, it is -7º (feels like -18º). It's miserable. Although I'm happy that Nalo stopped by to stay another night. The truly good news is that I work in a district that actually has a "Severe Weather Team" although I'd never heard of it until this year. This afternoon we received a super informative e-mail about the horrible conditions of the parking lots and sidewalks. One would think it was a joke if I hadn't been shared by our principal in the conference. Now I will know what to do tomorrow morning when it's freezing (or truly below freezing), and I need to make my way through the parking lot. Maybe this memo should have been shared on the school news. After all, maybe kids should learn how to "Penguin Shuffle."
Cabinet, Principals and Department Leaders:
We are sharing the following information as leaders of schools and departments to share with ALL of your staff:
Dangerous Icy Conditions Exist
Following last week's storm and now sub-zero temperatures, dangerous icy conditions exist on outside walking surfaces, including parking lots. These conditions are not expected to improve until late next week according to current and long-term weather reports. This comes at a time when we've seen an increase in the frequency of slips and falls on icy sidewalks and parking lots, resulting in injuries.
Things you can do to protect against falls/slips:
We are sharing the following information as leaders of schools and departments to share with ALL of your staff:
Dangerous Icy Conditions Exist
Following last week's storm and now sub-zero temperatures, dangerous icy conditions exist on outside walking surfaces, including parking lots. These conditions are not expected to improve until late next week according to current and long-term weather reports. This comes at a time when we've seen an increase in the frequency of slips and falls on icy sidewalks and parking lots, resulting in injuries.
Things you can do to protect against falls/slips:
Remind ALL staff to use proper footwear that has a non-slip sole with a wide, low heel.
For a creative twist on safety habits, encourage ALL staff to do the "Penquin Shuffle":
~ Walk flat footed
~ Take short steps to maintain your center of balance over your feet
~ Keep your head up and don't lean forward
~ Walk slowly
Your extra efforts may prevent a painful and expensive injury. Thank you.
The Severe Weather Team
Comments