Yesterday I was reading on my iPad and checking Twitter. A tweet announced that former mayor R.T. Ryback had a massive heart attack. Next, R.T. Ryback tweeted, "My cardiac surprise/Gave me quite a start/ But it proves this politician/ has a great big heart. He's been tweeting this little poems lately. Tweets from Christmas warned of snow emergencies and thanked city employees.
"Spend time with family/ laugh lots and dine/ but it's a snow emergency/
so move your car by 9"
"Between festive food/And your whiskey sours/
Thank the city employees/ Who spend Christmas as plowers"
I'm glad that RT will continue public service with Dayton (I think I heard this...), and I'm thrilled that he will continue a presence on Twitter. Who has a massive heart attack then tweets a poem? Yep, I ♥ him.
I'm not really sure of his format, but it's haikuesque (If you know the format, help me out. Give me guidance. It seems like a cross between a haiku and limerick). Maybe that's what I need to do for sankalpa.
Staying positive
I am on my way outside
Even though it's cold
When I say it's cold
I mean negative twelve
Not counting windchill
My day is all planned
to church, the gym, and Costco
Layers and layers
What do you think?
Comments
Love it!
I heard about the heart attack. Hope he's okay!