LH commented (Is your school at the point where work is submitted electronically? I wonder how that will impact grading, if at all. Ani safkranit. I'm curious.)
All of the work I grade is submitted electronically, and I love it. It's the most POSITIVE aspect of grading. It allows me to make specific comments about writing on writing without it messing up the students' work. Students can keep it in a folder, so they can continually look back at the comments. I sent this summative assignment out to all of the students using Doctopus. They write their paragraph and I am able to check their progress as well as make comments from start to finish. Today, after I graded the assignment, I copied and pasted good examples into a new Google Doc and sent it out to them (with the option that they could not edit). Tomorrow they can look at my comments as well as examples before they do the same assignment next week which will be summative (70% of grade) instead of formative (30% of grade).
Does this make sense? Love it!
Comments
THANKS!