Saturday morning, before meeting a friend at the farmers' market, I weighed myself. Even though I had worked out every single day and kept my net calories a day to 1200 (if I ate 1500 and exercised burning 300 the total was 1200... net?), I still gained a pound. In my frustrations, I started yesterday morning out with a monster cookie and homemade caramels (who needs to merely buy fruits and veggies at the market?). I continued with Mint M & Ms. If you have not tried them, stop reading this silly post, purchase a pack, and eat them immediately... go, now! I also ate the entire bag of spicy and sweet nuts I bought at the market. In addition, I ate some food that would not be considered in the sweets (steak, tater puffs, cucumbers... you know...). Today I continued the trend by having a mocha for breakfast. Plus, a sandwich and salad from Panera. If the scale wants to mess with me, I'll eat what I want for this entire weekend. Maybe I'll order pizza from Galactic Pizza for dinner. Scale, take that...
I also decided to watch the last episode of Orange is the New Black while working on my Notebook file for school and answering school e-mails I ignored on Friday. The episode took the exact same time as completing my school work. School work, take that... Yep, I have officially watched all 13 episodes. The show is whack. With each episode I feel conflicted. Why am I watching this? It's disturbing. Why is this keeping my attention? It's disturbing, clever, funny, and challenging. The end of the last episode was crazier than "crazy eyes." Piper perhaps left saying, "Take that..." My guess is she is more like, "WTF?" This isn't really a spoiler alert, but I'm glad I was watching it in the afternoon and not before I went to bed. OitNB, take that... I won't have nightmares tonight.


Comments
This year? No scale. I hope I don't gain weight. I'll let you know what happens.
I don't like mint, so the M & M's don't appeal. Though I do love a new product.
I watched all 13 and there were many episodes where I wondered why I was watching it. But I liked it. Now I'm watching Breaking Bad. We've watched 3 episodes. There's kind of a similar vibe.