![]() |
| My New Shoes |
Last night while I was sweating my ass (and every other part of my body) off at R.I.P.P.E.D. The instructor stated, "Don't eat before you come..." Although I think she was speaking to the class in general, to show us that she was still able to work out, breathe, and talk, I felt that she knew that I had indeed eaten before I attended class. In the middle of the night, I couldn't sleep and checked my news feeds. Huffington Post had "Summer Fitness Tips." One of the tips was "Don't Protein-Load Before Your Workout." It seems that it actually raises your temperature. I sweat more (much more) than the average person and really don't need a higher basal temperature. Maybe I should have chosen the banana instead of the chicken breast.
While I was on that page, I also clicked on 10 Unexpected Benefits of Working Out. I thought I'd uses it as a motivator. Especially the one about hit helping older women with memory. It also said that working out may reduce risk of psoriasis (KC already works out... a lot, so I'm not sure that this is factual). Does it count for learning if one doesn't believe it? I learned that I don't believe it.
BTW- When I was in Sioux Falls last Saturday, I bought a pair of Asics at Scheel's. I always buy my shoes there because the shoe sales staff is wonderful, and I wear a 10 narrow, and they always have at least one style for me. This time the sales lady showed me a trick to tie my shoes (and I learned it) so that the heel would fit tighter. Although this trick didn't work for all of the 10 shoes I tried on, it did for this pair of shoes. I didn't have to get the ugly style that was the 10 narrow. Plus, they have a great return policy. I wore them last night to class and will wear them tonight on the treadmill. If they don't work, I can return them even though I've wore them outside. Amazing! While I was there, I also looked at kayaks, but I don't think I can fit one in my car (disappointing).

Comments
Second I love Asics. I too have a narrow foot and especially heel and these always work for me
Third good tip about the eating. I have been sweating way more than usual this year. I mean I know it is over 100 and sometimes even 110 here but I have never sweat this much before.
Lastly - the trick about looping the top of the lace through that extra little hole has been magic for me!
Good luck with your motivation.