Perhaps it was Bush (GW) that coined the term Voodoo Mathematics, but I think Romney has his own Voodoo Mathematics... just saying. I'm not sure why the term came to my head as I sat down to blog, but I'm not sure why most things pop into my feeble mind. Today I was asking the students what page they were on since they were supposed to start their historical fiction books this past weekend. One student said, "I finished page 39 and will be on page 40." I announced that I appreciated his help with letting me know that 40 followed 39, but that I already possessed some math skills such as basic number sense.
In fact, I'm all over math skills and number sense. As I mentioned yesterday, I was irritated about buying the new jeans (not because they were another size smaller, but that it cost money). To help with my irritation, I bought a new pair of workout tights (super cute) and had a mani/pedi. I want to help the economy to get President Barack Obama re-elected. To help support my not needing to buy jeans in smaller sizes, I went over my caloric intake by 347 calories eating M & Ms. I got this number thing! You're wondering if I have anything new to say. Nope! I merely wanted to post a picture of my new tights (super cute) since I am the only one that sees them in the dark of the morning.
Comments