Today is May Day and although it may seem odd, I feel that it was a good day for my friend Jolynn to pass on to a new life. Her last two years have been difficult, so in some ways today is a blessing. In other ways it is shocking and unbelievable. Honestly, I'm not sure I have the words to honor her life on Earth, but I thought I should write something. She was a fellow reader, diner and traveler. Our trips took us as close as Chisholm and as far as Montana and Mexico. She always traveled as she lived, "in style". In some ways I've missed her for the last two years as she's not quite been herself while in other ways I miss her tonight. I still remember sitting on my deck two years ago when she told me of the brain tumor. It's crazy how it seems like it was last summer.
Today is May Day and although it may seem odd, I feel that it was a good day for my friend Jolynn to pass on to a new life. Her last two years have been difficult, so in some ways today is a blessing. In other ways it is shocking and unbelievable. Honestly, I'm not sure I have the words to honor her life on Earth, but I thought I should write something. She was a fellow reader, diner and traveler. Our trips took us as close as Chisholm and as far as Montana and Mexico. She always traveled as she lived, "in style". In some ways I've missed her for the last two years as she's not quite been herself while in other ways I miss her tonight. I still remember sitting on my deck two years ago when she told me of the brain tumor. It's crazy how it seems like it was last summer.
Comments