![]() |
| http://boston.sportsthenandnow.com/2011/04/01/2011-boston-red-sox-preview/ |
End of Winter
by Eve Merriam
Bare-handed reach
to catch
April's
incoming curve.
Leap higher than you thought you could and
Hold:
Spring,
Solid,
Here.
Although I am posting this Tuesday morning, most of the material comes from Monday. Yesterday was my eight week check-up with the orthopedic surgeon. While I was waiting (for an hour) in the waiting room, a baseball game shown on the television. The Miami Marlins were playing the Boston Red Sox (really they can't spell socks?). Since I've already written about the alliteration of the Miami Marlins, I knew it was time to write about the Red Sox. Do you think both the Red Sox and White Sox go by "The Sox"? Is there something to using Sox instead of socks? Enough baseball... My appointment started with the ortho telling me that we (him and I) weren't twenty anymore. Really? He also stated that I should be patient with my recovery since it's only been eight weeks. Actually, this was stated several times. In fact, after I asked about running, playing golf, and ziplining, he told me I was to use caution and not to start anything new without getting permission. In my mind this goes against his opening words that we aren't twenty anymore... just saying.
BTW- I highlighted Boston Red Sox, so you wouldn't forget it was my baseball post. Also, in class, yesterday, we used one of Eve Merriam's poems, so using her today is fitting. Plus it ties into the baseball theme and my list of giving thanks (rain not snow).
Hey Pronto... "That's good blogging."
Today I am thankful for...
1) Cyclones (two teams in the Big Dance)
2) Potstickers from Big Bowl (last night dinner)
3) rain instead of snow... let's go spring!

Comments
Ziplining? Ziplining. A) is that a word? B) I don't know that I'll ever do that. It sounds expensive and exotic. My next door neighbors have a zipline in their backyard for their college and teen sons. Maybe, just maybe, they'll let me give it a shot.