Yesterday morning I hit the beach at ten as I've been doing each day. A man approached me about day excursions. I told him no, but as I was trying to start reading Cleopatra and noticing some clouds, I called him back over. First I tried to get an evening boat rid, but my options included loud music, with free drinks, and buffet. It seemed appalling. My option was to leave in twenty minutes and return mid afternoon. $25 seemed reasonable, so I bought the trip to Yelapa. Being on the water was enjoyable to quite enjoyable as I spotted a whale on the way. Even this tiny village with no streets has a commercialized beach. My return trip was at 3:00. I was disappointed when the 1:30 boat was pulling out without me. The little town is interesting, but I didn't need all afternoon to see its charm. I ended up sitting on the pier trying to read Cleopatra. This wasn't bad as I watched them bring in the red snapper and watched various animals play on the beach, in the trees, and on the tide.
BTW- I was given the chance to hold the iguana, but I declined.
My gratitude list before the day really begins..
1) my grapefruit juice in a schooner glass
2) the gentleman that stopped to check on my this morning when I rolled my ankle walking.
3) giving myself the permission not to finish Cleopatra
Comments