Last night I found out my early morning flight was canceled. At that point I started calling Southwest to get a new flight. After three calls Wednesday am was the earliest they could give me with no hopes of stand by, etc. In the middle of the night I started looking at rental car places and the weather between St. Louis and Minneapolis. Early morning I went to pick up my rental car, knowing it would be an exorbitant fare, to make the nine hour (in good weather) trip back home. When I arrived at the rental car, the attendant was about to hand me the keys when there was a problem with the paper work. Actually the problem was more with my expired license. Obviously they won't rent to someone without a valid driver's license. Another call to Southwest was made without any success. Next I tried Amtrak. The train had already left for today, but there were seats on Tuesday's train leaving at 6:00 in the morning and arriving at 10:30 at night. When I asked if there was internet access on the train, I was laughed at... seriously. Next another call was made to Southwest. Each call I mentioned I was a teacher and had conferences tomorrow (on Tuesday)... no success. Maybe I was a bit frustrated at this point, but I asked my friend to make a call to Southwest on my behalf. She called pretending it was me and procured a set on tonight's 8:35 flight. Yea!!
I arrived to the airport with plenty of time only to find out that my flight has been postponed. It seems it will be leaving around 10:30 or a little later. I will arrive in Minneapolis around midnight. At that point I will need to dig my car out from the 12+" of snow and drive home. Needless to say, it's been a difficult to quite difficult day. Did I mention I need to do laundry for tomorrow? Did I mention I have student-parent conferences after school until 8pm tomorrow night?
I arrived to the airport with plenty of time only to find out that my flight has been postponed. It seems it will be leaving around 10:30 or a little later. I will arrive in Minneapolis around midnight. At that point I will need to dig my car out from the 12+" of snow and drive home. Needless to say, it's been a difficult to quite difficult day. Did I mention I need to do laundry for tomorrow? Did I mention I have student-parent conferences after school until 8pm tomorrow night?
Comments
J:)