Today was Beatles' Sunday at church. The service was based on peace and multiple Beatles' songs. Honestly, if I would have remembered, I may have stayed home. As I was listening to people sing, I reflected on my week of unplanned incidents.
* text from Southwest canceling flight
* frequent calls to Southwest (Trains...)
* delayed flight
* snowed in car (shuttles)
* two nights of conferences
* movies for Friday's class needed reformatted on Friday
* lost/stolen purse
* infection causing trip to Minute Clinic without insurance card
...and they say things come in three.
"The misery here is quite terrible; and, yet, late at night when the day has slunk away into the depths behind me, I often walk with a spring in my step along the barbed wire. And then time and again, a feeling soars straight from my heart..."
~Etty Hillesum, An Interrupted Life
Although I feel as though I've had my share of torment this week, I can't help but remember all of these events are small in comparison to what others experience daily.
"Piglet sidled up to Pooh from behind.
'Pooh'! he whispered.
'Yes, Piglet'?
'Nothing', said Piglet, taking Pooh's paw. 'I just wanted to be sure of you'."
~A. A. Milne, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
In all the madness of the last seven days, there was always someone to help me.
* S was tenacious and helped me find a flight.
* The shuttle driver helped dig out my car.
* Colleagues were entertaining and helpful all week.
* M and L were concerned and willing to drive me to find my wallet.
* C went out last night to get cash to pay me, so I'd have money.
* Even the Minute Clinic was understandable and pleasant helping me even though I didn't have my insurance card.
... and tomorrow starts a new week!
* text from Southwest canceling flight
* frequent calls to Southwest (Trains...)
* delayed flight
* snowed in car (shuttles)
* two nights of conferences
* movies for Friday's class needed reformatted on Friday
* lost/stolen purse
* infection causing trip to Minute Clinic without insurance card
...and they say things come in three.
"The misery here is quite terrible; and, yet, late at night when the day has slunk away into the depths behind me, I often walk with a spring in my step along the barbed wire. And then time and again, a feeling soars straight from my heart..."
~Etty Hillesum, An Interrupted Life
Although I feel as though I've had my share of torment this week, I can't help but remember all of these events are small in comparison to what others experience daily.
"Piglet sidled up to Pooh from behind.
'Pooh'! he whispered.
'Yes, Piglet'?
'Nothing', said Piglet, taking Pooh's paw. 'I just wanted to be sure of you'."
~A. A. Milne, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
In all the madness of the last seven days, there was always someone to help me.
* S was tenacious and helped me find a flight.
* The shuttle driver helped dig out my car.
* Colleagues were entertaining and helpful all week.
* M and L were concerned and willing to drive me to find my wallet.
* C went out last night to get cash to pay me, so I'd have money.
* Even the Minute Clinic was understandable and pleasant helping me even though I didn't have my insurance card.
... and tomorrow starts a new week!
Comments