Next week Monday is the official time when teachers in my district are to start back to school. As in most districts, teachers in our district often report early to prepare for the new year. Even though I am teaching out of a new textbook next year, I have done a superb job of ignoring school this summer. Well, of course I've read numerous young adult books, but I've ignored the rest of it. It may be a valid point that since I don't teach much out of the texts I didn't really need to look at the texts, but I still need to look at the materials. The point still remains that while many teachers have already been planning and working on their room this summer, I've abstained until today.
Today, however, was productive and fairly painless. A colleague and I went in to separate the multitude of boxes containing new language arts materials into grade levels stacks, so the janitors could deliver them to the correct rooms. We also spent a little over two hours planning our first two weeks of school. True story! In two hours we planned the first TWO weeks of school. Of course there are details to finish, e-mails to send, Keynotes to create, copies to make, but the planning is basically FINISHED. This means I have little to nothing to do for the next five days. LIFE IS GOOD!
Today, however, was productive and fairly painless. A colleague and I went in to separate the multitude of boxes containing new language arts materials into grade levels stacks, so the janitors could deliver them to the correct rooms. We also spent a little over two hours planning our first two weeks of school. True story! In two hours we planned the first TWO weeks of school. Of course there are details to finish, e-mails to send, Keynotes to create, copies to make, but the planning is basically FINISHED. This means I have little to nothing to do for the next five days. LIFE IS GOOD!
Comments