I've always thought of myself as one who is more of a leader than a follower. It seems this is a falsehood. First, I felt the need to join a literacy blog challenge only knowing one of the bloggers. Following the "smart kids" actually gave me ideas. Being part of the group was enjoyable. Most recently one of the smart kids tweeted something about #1b1t. Of course since I have now become a follower, I wanted to know more. KC, the smart one, gave me some information and I went to Google and Twitter to find more.
It seems a guy named Jeff Howe had an idea. According to Crowdsourcing, "I have a dream. An idea. A maybe great notion. Actually, as Auggie March might say, "I got a scheme." What if everyone on Twitter read the same book at the same time and we formed one massive, international book club?"
The book is American Gods by Neil Gaiman. Yesterday I reserved a copy from the library. Today I decided I needed to be ready to read on May 5th with everyone else, so I bought my own copy. I will admit I was a bit disheartened when I found the book in science fiction. I will prevail. I will read with the smart kids. I will read science fiction. I will be part of the masses.
Who's going to join me?
Comments