
Today was the last meeting of the language arts steering committee's three year process. Needless to say this is a great feeling. It hasn't been horrible, but a couple of the high school teachers (not my feeder high school) drive me insane. At the end of the meeting I asked if I could throw out the binder of materials accumulated over the last three years. The answer was no. I was convinced yet commented that I was one of those who likes to purge.
When I returned home, I tried to find a place for this binder. Looking at my "school" bookshelf I decided that I had a lot of materials that could be thrown. I made four trips to the dumpster and purged materials that I haven't looked at in the last five to ten years. Not only do I have open shelves to buy more books, I also decided to put the steering committee binder in the basement.
Yea! It is a good day.
1) More room to put reading material.
2) It looks like the district will purchase the materials I wanted.
3) No more meetings for language arts steering committee.
4) Did I mention we finished at least an hour early if not two.
April Book Connection
It's early in the day, but I'm fairly certain I won't be reading actual books today. My morning was spent reading language arts materials concentrating on the language arts curriculum guide draft. This afternoon my time will be spent reading seventh grade poetry books. Yesterday it took me a little over four hours to correct two. My goal today is correct one class.
Comments
"Define Ms. Moeller"
Ms. Moeller is different from other teachers/She does not care if you play sports or not/She's the type to say if you don't work hard/You won't achieve in the future/She is not the type that will act different/She is the one that will tell the truth/ weather (his spelling not mine) your with your parents or not/she is as good comedian as a cat/most people say she is mean/I think she is a great role model/but over all she is a great teacher/
I remember being on that steering committee way back in 2003? Was that the year? Anyway, I remember the tensions you mention.
I'm really curious about what you guys adopted. And also, did you make any recommendations about online/blended learning? I know you have a few English peeps on the West side who do a lot with that.