I am always amazed at the cost of health care. Yesterday I stood behind two people at the pharmacy. Although both had insurance it did not cover their prescription. The first gentleman was purchasing some type of cream. His cost was almost $300. He opted for an over-the-counter cream for $7. Behind him was a gentleman whose prescription was nearly $700. He opted to try to contact his insurance company. I am amazed at the cost of medication. I was lucky because my prescription was completely covered by insurance even though I was ready to pay for the entire prescription using my health saving account.
Last night the senate voted to continue debating the health care bill although today four members are already speaking out against it. Even though the "negative Nellies" are speaking out, I am looking for some kind of bill to pass. Health care and the political power over health care was also discussed today in church. One of our members (pictured on front page of yesterday's Star Tribune) has lost his dietary help because of Pawlenty's latest cuts.
I mention this gentleman from church only because of his positive attitude. Someone brought him forth in prayer today, and he asked to speak. He mentioned that he appreciated prayers and talked about how his mother raised him in faith and prayers. He remains positive as he waits for a kidney transplant. Another member spoke of some of our nations' woes. She listened to Frances Moore Lappe who commented, "Things have gotten so bad pessimism is not an option." I tend to agree with this.
Last night the senate voted to continue debating the health care bill although today four members are already speaking out against it. Even though the "negative Nellies" are speaking out, I am looking for some kind of bill to pass. Health care and the political power over health care was also discussed today in church. One of our members (pictured on front page of yesterday's Star Tribune) has lost his dietary help because of Pawlenty's latest cuts.
I mention this gentleman from church only because of his positive attitude. Someone brought him forth in prayer today, and he asked to speak. He mentioned that he appreciated prayers and talked about how his mother raised him in faith and prayers. He remains positive as he waits for a kidney transplant. Another member spoke of some of our nations' woes. She listened to Frances Moore Lappe who commented, "Things have gotten so bad pessimism is not an option." I tend to agree with this.
Comments