Yesterday I had two meetings back to back. After school I started with a two hour language arts steering committee meeting. With barely enough time to make my church meeting, I was feeling a bit crazed. As I walked in (a bit late) to my church meeting, my pastor kind of gasped as she saw me. It seems I looked a bit worn out. Our meeting was in the church library which didn't work out well for me or the adult nurture committee. Since I had already been sitting for two plus hours, I was a bit antsy. In addition, I had never been in the church library. I continued to be an active member of the group as I occasionally bounced out of my seat to check out a variety of books. When I saw Kate DiCamillo's new book, I decided to take it with me.
Did I mention I have never been in the library before? I didn't know how to check out the book. It was bothering me, so in the middle of a conversation about the Advent study, I asked my pastor how to check out books. Kindly she responded, "Not now Mary, when we get done." Of course after the meeting she helped me check out the book and announced that I was a source of entertainment. This is good. Right?
Did I mention I have never been in the library before? I didn't know how to check out the book. It was bothering me, so in the middle of a conversation about the Advent study, I asked my pastor how to check out books. Kindly she responded, "Not now Mary, when we get done." Of course after the meeting she helped me check out the book and announced that I was a source of entertainment. This is good. Right?
Comments