This afternoon at a monthly meeting we were asked to share something good that has happened to us within the last month. I said that I was happy that I have the opportunity to get out of my $387 fine by taking my license and proof of insurance into the Southdale government branch. Of course people wanted to know why I was pulled over, so I shared my experience including my shaking my finger at the officer and saying, "No, no, no, I was wearing my seat belt." At the time I was adamant that I was wearing my seat belt which seems a bit odd since I don't always wear my seat belt. For some reason I also shared that I was fairly certain that having a Bible and a book with Jesus and the Disciples written large on the cover didn't hurt. The response of one person was that she would like to see a reality show about my life. Although it may be entertaining to others, I often try to let people know that it is truly difficult to live my life.
Today I went back to the interweb to find out what I could post about that would relate to sankalpa . "...Sankalpa has the potential to release tremendous power by clearly defining and focusing on a chosen goal." My chosen goal since May has truly been on being physically active. Since it's cold and miserable out, I've been being active inside instead of outside. December 6th (or something like that) was the last time I ventured outside for physical activity. I, however, have still been going to they gym and focusing on being physically fit (or at least burning enough calories to eat more food). Yesterday I received an early morning text from a friend in God's Country . President Obama was talking about "The President's Challenge" . Today (I tried yesterday and decided to put it off until today... forget out it... let it happen... put it aside... clear my mind of it... all probably sankalpa) I formed a group. The...
Comments