As I was driving this morning, I saw a bumper sticker that with Deuteronomy 8:18. I'll admit that I was curious and looked it up when I returned home. The Bible verse reads "But you shall remember the LORD your God: for it is he that gives you power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he swore to your fathers, as it is this day." Why this verse? What point was the driver trying to make. This reminded me of the young adult book I read yesterday. Two characters in the book share philosophy by quoting bumper stickers. Another sticker I viewed today said, "Young People are the solution not the problem." Later I followed a car with the following stickers: Walz, Franken, Klobuchar, Obama, and Wellstone. Obviously I was following a fellow democrat. At least I wasn't following the "own a gun and vote" person. Perhaps philosophy is easily shared with a bumper sticker.
Today I went back to the interweb to find out what I could post about that would relate to sankalpa . "...Sankalpa has the potential to release tremendous power by clearly defining and focusing on a chosen goal." My chosen goal since May has truly been on being physically active. Since it's cold and miserable out, I've been being active inside instead of outside. December 6th (or something like that) was the last time I ventured outside for physical activity. I, however, have still been going to they gym and focusing on being physically fit (or at least burning enough calories to eat more food). Yesterday I received an early morning text from a friend in God's Country . President Obama was talking about "The President's Challenge" . Today (I tried yesterday and decided to put it off until today... forget out it... let it happen... put it aside... clear my mind of it... all probably sankalpa) I formed a group. The...
Comments