I suppose there are two reasons I am reticent to start packing although I actually made some progress today. My first reason is I don't want my apartment cluttered with packed boxes; I want it to be friendly. The second reason, fear of leaving my neighborhood, is probably the primary reason. One suggestion I need to follow through with is to get my bike, so I feel more connected to Uptown. It would be a short ride to the neighborhood.
Today I did a trial run to the hardware store closest to my new place. Although they didn't shine, the store is acceptable. After using language that showed my knowledge on the subject, I received some help. It's a good thing I was fairly certain about what I needed. I will admit that most of the time I know what I need, so it won't be a problem.
Moving further away from Magers and Quinn will be a problem hence the main reason for using my bike to travel across the bridge. Most people find Barnes and Nobles a great visit. I always feel less literate as I enter the doors. Today Magers and Quinn's blog helped me to realize I am not the only enamored customer. Alison McGhee (an author that I listened to at the MCTE spring conference then immediately read one of her novels) set part of her new young adult novel in Magers and Quinn. The links on the Magers and Quinn blog are worth a look.
Today I did a trial run to the hardware store closest to my new place. Although they didn't shine, the store is acceptable. After using language that showed my knowledge on the subject, I received some help. It's a good thing I was fairly certain about what I needed. I will admit that most of the time I know what I need, so it won't be a problem.
Moving further away from Magers and Quinn will be a problem hence the main reason for using my bike to travel across the bridge. Most people find Barnes and Nobles a great visit. I always feel less literate as I enter the doors. Today Magers and Quinn's blog helped me to realize I am not the only enamored customer. Alison McGhee (an author that I listened to at the MCTE spring conference then immediately read one of her novels) set part of her new young adult novel in Magers and Quinn. The links on the Magers and Quinn blog are worth a look.
Comments