This morning I watched news video of the Minnesota Tax Coalition's annual rally. It reminded me of a conversation I had yesterday. Basically the conversation was on open-mindedness. A colleague pointed out that her mom believes she's basically open-minded to people with similar views. I laughed because I sometimes (maybe not often enough) feel the same about myself. The video showed the protesters with posters, one which read "I love (heart) Global Warming." As we were speaking of community in church, the video replayed in my head, so I looked on-line for an article. In the article one person was complaining about the light rail because he didn't use it. Maybe he was the same person holding the sign stating his love for global warming. Basically taxes pay for health care, roads, schools, etc. Like most people I do not support taxes paying for ball parks, but I think light rail is different. Gee, it makes sense if people are taking light rail, they are off the roads saving the environment and roads. Whether I use it or not, I can support it. Of course the people at this rally were probably repulsive Republicans (see what I mean by the open-mindedness), so this "it's all about me" attitude should be expected.
Recently my brother passed along the book What's the Matter with Kansas? How Conservatives Won the Heart of America. Maybe this will answer some questions!
Recently my brother passed along the book What's the Matter with Kansas? How Conservatives Won the Heart of America. Maybe this will answer some questions!
Comments