I started my morning by grabbing my jean jacket to find something in the top buttoned pocked. Of course I immediately opened the pocket to find several bills folded. "Sweet," I exclaimed. Then I realized there were also checks made out to group I had helped. My elation quickly turned to nausea. I no longer help with this specific group although I still help the organization. Since this group is defunct, I really don't have anyway of returning the money. As I drove back to Minneapolis, I called a friend who I knew would give me sound, moral advice. Her line was busy, so I took another look at the money and checks. The cash totalled $75, and the checks were dated 11/18/04... over two years ago. When S finally answered, I started the conversation with, "This may seem like it, but it is not an April Fool's joke." Another friend had suggested the money had just paid my little excursion to Cedar Falls. Obviously, I didn't feel comfortable with that solution. S gave me better advice. Since I still work with the main organization, I will still be able to get the money back although it will not be routed specifically to the defunct group. Relief flooded over my body. Too bad it wasn't an April Fool's joke.
My gratitude list for today:
1) moral advice
2) time spent with old friends
3) safe travel
My gratitude list for today:
1) moral advice
2) time spent with old friends
3) safe travel