It's Friday!!! The last two days have been days from Hell at school. Yesterday I vented on my principal (and others), "If this was my first year of teaching, it would be my last!" Of course since he is a caring boss, he let me vent and came to check on me later. I can't even imagine how many referrals I've written this year. Today I wrote two, one less than yesterday.
The saving grace this week has been books and basketball. My evenings have been full of filling out brackets, watching the scoreboard, ordering tickets, and enjoying book clubs (three meetings this week). Book club is going better than basketball. Out of the three books I was supposed to read, I read all three. Out of the 24 basketball games played as I post, I've only won (guessed/predicted) eleven.
My gratitude list for today:
1) chocolate brownie with walnuts
2) sunshine warming the inside of my car
3) quiet day of a final for the students
The saving grace this week has been books and basketball. My evenings have been full of filling out brackets, watching the scoreboard, ordering tickets, and enjoying book clubs (three meetings this week). Book club is going better than basketball. Out of the three books I was supposed to read, I read all three. Out of the 24 basketball games played as I post, I've only won (guessed/predicted) eleven.
My gratitude list for today:
1) chocolate brownie with walnuts
2) sunshine warming the inside of my car
3) quiet day of a final for the students
Comments