While standing in line to go downstairs at the church this afternoon, my father and I mingled with the people in line. The gentleman in front of me heard us talking to the people behind us.
"I came from Minneapolis today," he started the conversation and explained he was a truck driver. He continued with, "You teach school?"
I answered questions about what grade and subject.
"Do you teach English to Americans or Spanish?" the man asked.
"Whether they speack English or Spanish, they're still Americans," I replied, but I'm not sure that he caught it. Needless to say, it was the end of our brief conversation.
"I came from Minneapolis today," he started the conversation and explained he was a truck driver. He continued with, "You teach school?"
I answered questions about what grade and subject.
"Do you teach English to Americans or Spanish?" the man asked.
"Whether they speack English or Spanish, they're still Americans," I replied, but I'm not sure that he caught it. Needless to say, it was the end of our brief conversation.
Comments