
I am stressed out!
I am stressed out because I just stepped on the cat's tail while I was trying to get something out of the refrigerator. He is stresssed out because it hurt, and he went screaming across the kitchen.
I am stressed out because I am overwhelmed with school stuff.
I am stressed out because four or five students can make the difference between a positive day and a not so positive day.
I am stressed out because I take on extra duties at school (such as rewriting the spelling bee sentences to make them more diverse) without thinking twice.
I am stressed out because I stay late after school to help students who don't use their class time wisely.
I am stressed out because I have no money, and my bills are piling up.
I am stressed out because I want to be able to buy nice and expensive gifts for people while I can't afford to pay my current bills.
I am stressed out because my father really wants me initiate some kind of conversation with my mother who has continued to say negative things about me, reacts adversely when I try to reach out, and makes no effort to be civil.
I am stressed out because I want to please my father, but I can't bring myself to communicating with someone who treats me so unfairly and unkindly.
I am stressed out because I want to be a better friend, colleague, sister, and daughter.
I am stressed out because I have decided I should be a member of four different book clubs. This enables me to have a pile of books I want to read that will need to wait for summer because for some reason I can only get through four books a month during school.
I am stressed out because my birthday is coming up, and I hate the fact that I am getting old and have no one to get old with me.
I am stressed out because I am not working out in the morning. Honestly, working out in the morning would make me feel better, and it would be more difficult to get stressed out. I really need to get my butt out of bed tomorrow am and get to the gym!
Actually, I am probably stressing others with my stress!
Comments
My best advice is instead of focusing on what you need to do, want to do and have to do, focus on what you have done, what you have and who you are. You've taught hundereds of kids and made them better people, you've made awesome friends who you keep in touch with across the miles and right next door, you've supported your father through a very difficult time, you've tried to reach out to your mother and understand her, you've stepped up to the plate and put your time where your heart is both at school and church, and countless other things. Realize people won't remember that you got them an expensive gift but they will remember you took the time and cared. You are storing up for yourself trreasures in heaven not here on earth and that is by far the better way to go.
God Bless You Mary!
Katie
My principal gave me another book to add to my list today.