I look forward to Saturday morning because it's my farmers market morning. Today was no different. Even though it was misty and a little cold, I was excited to make the trip. Thinking the edamame was snap peas at the first stall, I ask for snap peas even though I really knew it was too late in the season for snap peas. After a short conversation about how to cook edamame, I bought some. I've been snacking on it most of the afternoon.
My favorite stall was gone today. absent. what?! My favorite stop is Winter Goddess Foods. It's my breakfast stop for Saturday and Sunday. Plus, it is my sweet snack spot for the week. I always buy two pieces of coffee cake, a carrot muffin, and two lemon ricotta cookies. They were gone today. It was a disaster.
A new stall, however, piqued my interest. Crown the Writer was selling picture books. I asked about one and ended up making the purchase. Quite frankly, I probably spent as much money on the book as I would have the baked goods, but the book has less calories.
Comments