I recently read Wes Moore's Five Days, the Fiery Reckoning of an American City. It was amazing. Although I've read Wes Moore's The Other Wes Moore: One Name Two Fates, I didn't know much about Wes Moore the writer (and so much more). In preparation to watch last night's Webinar with Wes Moore, I started reading Wes Moore's My Work: My Search for a Life that Matters. It resonates with me as much as any of his other books. Last night as I watched him speak and answer questions, I was reminded that I need to keep reading and watching these Webinars in order to become a better teacher and citizen.
Today I watched a Town Hall Meeting about the right of education. I didn't know anything about the Lawsuit for the Right to Literacy. It's crazy that we need to go to court to prove our children deserve a right to an education. Jamarria Hall was one of the people bringing this problem to light. He is an articulate young man fighting for the education of others. Growing up in Detroit he had horrible school conditions. Not every school has these conditions, but there still is the achievement gap that needs to be addressed.I know I'm giving a lot of links here, but this was all new to me, so I'm looking into this court case. They are trying to overturn the case because it will cost too much money to educate our youth. What?!!

Comments
I should probably do more stuff like you're doing.