Today was my first day at the market. The market has changed: wash hands, social distance, follow the through the vendors in a circle. No more perusing all the vendors and then going back (or at least it makes it more difficult). It's early in the season, so I wasn't able to get snap peas as I had hoped. My purchases included lettuce, lemon ricotta cookies, pickles, and empanadas. Perhaps not much produce, but I do enjoy the market.
As I was walking out past Moon Palace Books (the location of the market), I noticed Black Lives Matter posters. They were giving them away. I can't wait to leave them on the back table for students to color when school starts. They were FREE. When I tried to give a venmo donation, they were unable. I thanked them profusely... so awesome.
On the way home, I noticed two deer in the cemetery. It made me think of Midtown and Minneapolis. The dead in their graves with the fawns eating new green on the trees. Maybe it's a bit of rebirth. I hope for rebirth for my city.
Comments
We also love our farmers market.