| At least I have clothes and cover... poor robin. |
I feel that this Covid19, stay at home, distance learning is teaching me a lot about perception. Yes, I'm reaching out to students and parents. No, many students are still not doing their work. Yes, I'm frustrated and working harder than ever. No, I haven't forgotten that parents are too.
Today I used our language banc (why banc and not bank?) to call the parents of 7 students. It took 1.5 hours. Only two parents picked up which is not surprising. I was able to leave messages for the rest. It wasn't necessarily a waste of my time, but it did take a lot of time.
I'm on my association board, and tonight we had our meeting via Zoom after spending all day in online meetings and at my computer. We discussed the current economic situation and how it affects our landscaping project. Many people are experiencing financial difficulties.
I'm reminded that even though my career is different and more draining, I'm still OK financially. I'm reminded that it's a lot about perception. We received 4-7"(who knows) of snow yesterday. Was it annoying? Yes. Was it pretty? Yes. Did I have to do a bit of shoveling? Did the robins have to deal with snow they didn't want? Yes.
These are challenging times for everyone, and I hope I learn to get through this with grace and understanding.
Comments