Friday, March 20th... Pay Day!
Many people are going through difficult times. Among them I'm most concerned about the service industry.... you know... our hair stylist and local servers. A friend of mine (actually her daughter) came up with the idea that we should send some extra money to our local happy hour server. We (my teacher friends and I) come in at least once a week revved up from the day, and she greets us with laughs and bullshit. She's amazing. It has to be difficult when bars, restaurants, hair salons, etc. are closed. These folks probably pay for their own insurance and aren't making money off tips. Anyway, we all Venmoed and sent her some extra cash. I did the same thing (again, not my idea) with my stylist. Both were overwhelmed and full of gratitude. Let's remember that we're all in this together! Who needs a little financial support? What can we do?


Comments