Yesterday the realization that every day is starting to be the basically the same as the other became a reality. Typically, I am excited about Friday and the weekend, but not yesterday. My day was somewhat uneventful although I did put up the winter bike and got my other bike ready to go. I also started working on the first day of my distance learning poetry unit. Arghh.... Discussion is needed... It's OK. I'm going to make it work.
Plus, yep it's really this boring, I watered my plants and decided the plant that I brought home from school belonged in the compost.
Finally, I started reading Stamped from the Beginning by Ibram X. Kendi. Wow! It's a lot to read about history and racism, but I'm learning as I read. It takes me back to my beginning teaching career when I taught a lot of white, racist men's history and writing. Man, I hope I sucked as a teacher then as much as I think I did. Maybe they won't remember any of those writers or pieces of literature.
Comments
Maybe I'll order that book.