Yesterday Governor Walz stated that he was instating a two week Stay at Home order. The other part of his order/speech was that schools would use distance learning until May 4th. Bars, restaurants, salons, etc. will remain closed until May 1st. He did it with data and thought. I was impressed with our governor. It's obvious he's using information instead of emotion to make his choice. I'm damn proud to have him as my governor.
Ok, that being said, it was a bit of a hit to me emotionally. I knew it was coming, and I agree with his decision. This, however, will be difficult to quite difficult to me. Everything will be ok, and I'll survive. Let's hope I'm still able to give my students the education they deserve. Truthfully, let's hope I don't go insane or become an absolute alcoholic.
We'll have to wait and see how it goes. Stay in contact my friends! I'm going to need communication from folks even if it's only online.

Comments