My person (group of people) today is the group of U of M graduate students that came into my classroom today to observe a few ELL (English Language Learner) students. They were in the hall waiting to come in for my last hour, and I invited the four of them into my honors class. I had them introduce themselves and their current program. Without giving them much warning, I let the honors students ask them questions. The first student said, "Is college expensive?"
All four unanimously said, "Yes." Then my students asked other questions including their ages. When I said that they couldn't ask that all four gave their ages and laughed. Then they stayed to observe the students in my last hour class. One stopped and talked to me afterwards about the student and their learning. It made me realize the impact teachers actually make in the classroom. I also give thanks that smart folks are still going into education! Thanks U of M students. Carry the torch and be amazing!
BTW--- Sometimes finding a new person of gratitude is really challenging. I wanted to give thanks to so many individuals that helped me today of whom I had already posted. It really does "take a village." I feel that I am part of an amazing village.

Comments