Today I had a small procedure done which I was super nervous about. It meant I wasn't able to have my coffee (or anything else really) before I went in around 10:30. Everything I read told me it was going to take forever and be horrible. It wasn't horrible. Part of the reason is my people of gratitude today.
The first nurse was absolutely kind. She even commented on how young I was my guess is until she started looking at my chart. At one point, she said she thought I would be a fun teacher. This is even before they gave me the Fentanyl mixed with something else. I bet she would have found me more fun after. Anyway, she had to go to the OR for the rest of her day. When the new nurse, Polly, came in, she really wanted to stay and finish up, but Polly reminded her of the time and her schedule.
Polly was also kind and funny. When she said I'd be able to have coffee, I perked (get it) up. Then she explained of course I couldn't have it until after the procedure. This being said, I was brought coffee before anything was unhooked and/or paper work was delivered. I give thanks for her punctuality with the procedure and more importantly the delivery of coffee.
Finally the doctor was also a person of gratitude today. My primary care doctor specifically referred her to me. She was professional and explained everything to me even the little inconsistency she found. As she came across various things, she explained and listened to me. She also had a sense of humor and understood my sense of humor.
The doctor and staff at Fairview Southdale Hospital made today's procedure better than I could have imagine. I give thanks for each and every person (except first receptionist) I encountered at their facility today. They are truly dedicated to giving fine care with a smile and wonderful personalities... and it's not just the Fentanyl.
Comments