Thursday, I finally received the call that my old mountain bike was revamped with new studded tires. I'll no longer have to borrow a bike for April, and I plan on getting out in the cold and snow and ice and wind and whatever else the winter brings once a week. We'll see how it actually goes, but I'm thankful that my bike is ready to ride.
The person I have gratitude in this instance is my buddy Al who is the one (of many) that helped me get more actively involved in biking. He connected me with a fine group of people that make biking fun in the summer. Last night him, I, and the Bloody Rectum Ride folks were on a conference call discussing the upcoming April ride. April biking in Georgia and Alabama is incredible, and I'm excited for the ride.
Now we'll see if I can make biking fun in the winter. Thanks to Al and all the other cyclists for giving me this fun yet expensive hobby.

Comments
the streets of the North.
Maybe I'll ride a bike around at some point, but I don't like going uphill. On a bike.